Monday, April 21, 2008

My first painting


This is my first ever painting.. I have always wanted to do some extra-curricular stuff right from my schools days. We used to have SUPW classes where they used to ask us to do embroidery, lots of craft work etc, you know what I used to do- learn how to do them, come home teach my mom and used to take them to class the next week completed. The teacher says "Wow Srija, its very pretty". I used say "Thanks Mom, I love you so much" within me..My mom was too good in all these. she used to do everything for me for my next class. I'm so happy about that in class when the teacher praises me ...:-) but never once did I take the pains to do them. So was the Biology diagrams which my mom used to draw so well, that I always get the compliments and be proud off.. I cannot even finish reading a novel because of my impatience.. But lot of my friends were gifted with the extra talent and were very good at all these especially painting,mehendi, doll making etc. Seeing them, I used to think that I must try this at least once.

Last week I was so tempted when I went to my friend's place, where she was doing a painting, which seemed pretty interesting and simple too. It had the drawing on canvas, and the paints and the guidance was also given as to where to paint which colour... I told her to teach me how to do it and she taught me how it needs to be done. That was a simple poppy flower and very pretty one too.. You know what I did not have the patience to complete that and half way through I gave it to her and went to sleep to glory.. The lazy me again.. Then we went shopping that evening to Walmart and there in the arts section I saw these paintings stuff sold, i asked her, shall i get this and try. She said yeah sure... and it was written on it for Intermediate people.. I took it as if I knew basics of painting and was now that I'm an intermediate level painter.. he he he very funny naa... I went home and opened it immediately and to my shock it was so difficult with narrow lines and multi colours and even some mixed colours.... I again lost hope of doing something.

I said to myself - "Sri, you are again going to lose..." But, no I did not want to lose..I did not want to give up...I want to win...After all this is something I should do to learn to have patience... Friends... it was Saturday evening around 6 p.m. I started to paint.. Lot of mess lot of stress.. Could not sit in one position but I could not give up right So sat there and tried hard to complete. It was 10p.m. half completed ... Long way to go I thought. I needed rest so went to sleep. Next day morning woke up at 10, had break fast and sat again to complete my painting... "Sri never lost her spirits...she had to complete it" and then again I had to break in between for lunch.. I'm still painting with a movie going on, watching movie and painting... multitasking.... he he he... But finally it was around 7:30 in the evening I completed this.... "Gosh sri, you are amazing" I thought. You can do anything if you had the mind to do it was what my inner soul was screaming loud at me...

I knew it that I just needed to be determined to do something and I will.. I guess my first painting was done as well as my first lesson to be confident and determined to achieve anything I wanted was also learnt.







3 comments:

Harish said...

Thats my girl.

Muah.

Love you and proud of you.

P.S - Remember the focus/patience/perseverance part - will need a lot of that in the kitchen and with me of course.

Saritha Rajagopal said...

Hey sri!

Never knew u were soo good at art!!! Great job girl!! teach em also na? I guarantee you, that i'll be ur toughest student! LOL.

Shanmuga Kumar said...

Nice one!! Keep it up!